These guidelines will help you understand the construction and usage of the logo. Get acquainted with the guidelines to use the logo correctly across different environments.
A grid is a predetermined understructure which the designer can employ to give a publication cohesive style and character. It is a great organizer of material and such will save countless man hours in execution. It will also help bring continuity to various diverse designs.
1. Based on the planned design format choose number of columns. For a 16:9 format will 9 column grid fit the best.
2. To set margin width split column in three even parts.
3. Apply the margin to all four sides.
4. To set the gutter width split margin in three even parts. 1/3 of the margin is the gutter width.
5. To apply gutters for the grid create a rectangle inside the composition excluding margins. Copy gutter width size -> Object -> Path -> Split Into Grid -> Columns. Number set to 9 and paste gutter width in to the Gutter input -> OK (Adobe Illustrator).
6. Add help lines on just made column sides and afterwards remove rectangles. Grid is set and ready to use.
If needed you can use rows to help set the right composition. Divide the design (excluding margins) in 3, 4 or 5 rows and you are set.
Type size and spaces
Logo is sized by the margin height – logo is the same height as the margin height. Headline cap size is the same size as the margin height. Subheader is the 1/2 of the headline, copy is the 1/2 of the subheader size.